- 1 (15.25- to 16.5-ounce) box golden vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 1 Land O Lakes® Egg
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup cherry-flavored sweetened dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place cake mix, butter, almond flavoring and egg in bowl. Mix well using fork. Reserve 2/3 cup mixture for topping; set aside. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Combine apricot preserves and dried cranberries in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes or until preserves are melted.
- Spread fruit mixture over hot, partially baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved cake mix mixture. Bake 24-26 minutes or until topping is light golden brown. Cool completely. Cut into bars.