- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the garlic, ginger, cilantro, coconut aminos, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, and season to taste.
- Place the tuna steaks in a marinating container, and pour the marinade over.
- Let the tuna marinate 30 to 40 minutes in the refrigerator, turning tuna steaks after 20 minutes if needed.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-heat.
- Once the pan is nice and hot, gently add the steaks and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Let the tuna steaks rest 2 to 3 minutes before serving.