We make this dish quite a bit. It has a nice light taste with bacon happiness mixed throughout.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced (Or a whole pound if you like bacon)
- 2 medium onions, halved & sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes (We get the kind with Italian spices for extra flavor)
- 1 pound linguine (We use tri-color rotini for more color)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon & set aside; reserve drippings.
- Sauté onions & garlic in drippings for 3 minutes.
- Add peppers; cook & stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Add bacon & mix well.
- Serve over pasta.