We didn't even make the drizzle and they were really good.
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Land O Lakes® All-Natural Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (5 ounces) dried tart cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Kirsch or apple juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat until well mixed. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and cherries.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
Stir together powdered sugar and Kirsch in small bowl. Gradually stir in enough water for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Black Forest Oatmeal Bars: Spread dough evenly into ungreased 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Prepare drizzle as directed above; drizzle over bars. Cut into bars. 48 bars.
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g