The Recipe Rebel
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, stir together the salt, parsley, garlic, pepper, onion powder and paprika. Season both sides of the chicken.
- Add chicken broth and butter to slow cooker, and stir to combine (mash the butter up a bit to disperse if you can).
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker, overlapping only as much as necessary.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
- If you're hoping for clean slices, remove to a cutting board and cover to keep warm. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.