Very flavorful and makes the lips burn a little.
Taste of Home
- 12 Fresh baby carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or half thighs and half breasts)
- 4 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth (we use two College Inn regular chicken broth cans and two fat free & lower sodium cans)
- 1 package Egg Noodles cooked (we use Whole Grain Wide Noodles)
- In a 5qt slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients.
- Place mustard seed and garlic on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Add chicken and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Discard spice bag.
- Remove chicken and cut into pieces and return to soup
- Combine with noodles or keep separate