Taste of Home
- 2lbs ground beef
- 2-3 hot chili peppers (omitted at our house)
- 3 can (16 oz each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-4 cups tomato juice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- Transfer to a 5 qt slow cooker
- Remove seeds from the chili peppers if desired
- Chop peppers, add to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the beans, tomato paste, onion, green pepper, seasonings and 2 cups tomato juice
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through, adding more tomato juice if needed to achieve desired thickness.