4 hours, 15 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped (omitted)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) cans diced green chiles, preferably "fire-roasted"
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, preferably white
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, preferably "fire-roasted"
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans, preferably cannellini, white kidney, or Great Northern, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- Sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges, and cornbread (for serving)
- If making immediately, combine chicken, onions, jalapeño, garlic, chiles, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in slow cooker. Pour chicken stock over, cover
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6–8 hours.
- Add beans and corn during the last 30 minutes of cooking; cover and cook on high 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker with 2 forks.
- Divide chili among bowls; top with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and cornbread alongside.