- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate or 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 4 candy canes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Melt semi-sweet/dark chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Line a 9"x13" dish with aluminum foil.
- Pour into dish and spread evenly. Chill.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Crush candy canes in a plastic bag.
- Sift powdered candy cane from pieces and mix into white chocolate with the peppermint extract.
- Pour white chocolate on top of semi-sweet/dark chocolate and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle candy cane pieces over white chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- When chocolate is hardened, break into pieces.