Taste of Home
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or raisins
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place onion, pepper and garlic in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange chicken pieces over vegetables.
- Whisk the next 5 ingredients with the chicken broth. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Add raisins and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken reaches 165°, 2-1/2 hours. Serve over rice; if desired, sprinkle with parsley.
1 cup: 298 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.