Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 unpeeled fresh orange slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Push two cloves through each orange slice. Push a cinnamon stick through the center of each orange slice; add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through. Discard orange slices, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Stir cider before serving. Use additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks to make orange twist garnishes.
- Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.