Taste of Home
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, oil and seasonings.
- Stir sauce into beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with green onions. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup beef mixture with 2/3 cup rice: 413 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.