- 3 fresh peaches (peeled- optional)
- 2 medium sized cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 6 large fresh basil leaves (can also substitute fresh mint)- finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- juice of one fresh lemon or lime
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Optional: Toasted pecans and crumbled goat cheese for garnish
- Slice the peaches and cucumbers into ¼ inch slices.
- Place in a medium sized glass bowl.
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, lemon or lime juice, honey or maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Finely chop the fresh mint or basil and mix into the vinaigrette.
- Pour over the cut peaches and cucumbers and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours (optional, but this helps intensify flavors)
- Garnish with pecans and goat cheese if desired.