- 6 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- Rub pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, add chops, and brown on both sides. Remove from skillet. Place onions in skillet, and cook until browned. Pour in mushroom soup and milk; stir until blended. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Arrange sliced potatoes evenly in prepared baking dish. Arrange chops on top of potatoes. Pour soup mixture over chops.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and bake 30 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender.