Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup peach nectar or additional apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 whole cloves
- Orange slices and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine first seven ingredients.
- Place cinnamon sticks, ginger, orange peel and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 3-4 hours.
- Discard spice bag. Serve warm. If desired, garnish with orange slices and lemon peel.
3/4 cup: 115 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.