COOKING LIGHT May 2014
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 12 ounces boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 12 ounces medium asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef; stir-fry until browned but not cooked through (about 1 1/2 minutes). Place beef on a plate; discard liquid in pan.
- Return pan to high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add asparagus and bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add crushed red pepper and green onions; stir-fry 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add stock mixture; cook 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return beef and any juices to pan, and cook for 1 minute.