- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and salt.
- Cook, stirring often,until mushrooms have given off their liquid,and are slightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a plate and set aside
- In a saucepan, combine the broth, heavy cream, flour, and spices.
- Cook over low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the frozen meatballs and mushrooms and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.