Taste of Home
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Place roast in 5 qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the water, ketchup, wine or broth, gravy mix, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened.
- Remove meat from slow cooker.
- Slice and serve with gravy.