- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cans (16 ounces) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa, your favorite
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground turkey and onion. Drain off excess fat.
- Transfer browned mixture to the crockpot with tomatoes, beans, salsa, chili powder, and cumin.
- Stir gently to blend ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a little shredded cheese.